Thursday, April 13, 2006

 

My Thursdays are like everyone elses Fridays!

For any of you who aren't aware of my work schedule I will enlighten you. I am a Monday thru Friday guy. The good thing though is that on Monday thru Thursday I work nine hour days (Plus a 1/2 hour UNPAID!!! for lunch). For all of you math majors out there that leaves 4 hours left for Friday to equal a grand total of 40 hours. The great thing about this is that really if we're honest about it working 4 hours on a Friday isn't a big deal at all. It is basically like having every weekend be a three day weekend. I thoroughly enjoy this "perk" of my job and as I see that the clock is approaching 2:30 P.M. I know that soon my weekend will have arrived.
Sorry if this seems too much like I am rubbing it in your face. That is definitely not my intention, I am simply letting you in on one of the simple joys of my life.

Comments:
I am with you, Tim! My job is similarly blessed in that I get salary for 40 hrs/wk though actual "work" equals roughly half that. Reason being that I travel extensively within a 13 county circuit (usually no more than 3 per day) often resulting in more driving time than work on any given day. I cannot complain, however, as the corporation I work for provides my vehicle and the service and gas needed to maintain it, even for personal usage. Those of us who have such perks (casual environs, long weekends, independence, etc) may attribute such to Almighty God and His limitless Grace. Hence, let each of us aspire toward greater grace and knowledge of He Who upholds our very being. Indeed, God is Good.
 
Baby steps to humbleness, Tim.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?